I had a day off work yesterday, so I got to work on the Galactica. It was time to take the old girl out of mothballs.
First up, I had to wash the model parts in Luke warm soapy water to get rid of any release agent on the model. Then the boring part, I had to leave them to air dry.
Once dry, I began to cut them from their runners, dry fit a few parts, and start to plan out the build.
I’m starting with the Galactica’s alligator head. First up I’m going to be working on her armour panels.
She has some nice, very nice, panel lines between her armour sections, but they are a bit too shallow for my liking. I want them to have a bit more depth and feel of giant slabs of armour bolted on to her, so I’m going to panel scribe the armour sections a bit more.
My hoping for doing this is firstly that once painted they’ll stand out even more and secondly have a more worn/ battle damaged look.
Using my home made panel scriber (no expense spared), I got to work. This is going to take a while, so be sure to check back every once in a while, to see how she’s coming along.
Until next time, I’ll see you at the table.
– from The Man Cave